- Make any changes you want to the built-in menu (built-in menu: A menu included with Microsoft Office; it is not created by the user.) and toolbars (toolbar: A bar with buttons and options that you use to carry out commands. To display a toolbar, press ALT and then SHIFT+F10.), create any custom toolbars you want to save, and then display the toolbars the way you want them to appear.
- On the Tools menu, click Customize.
- Click the Toolbars tab.
- Click New.
- In the Toolbar name box, type the name you want, and then click OK.
- Click the Commands tab.
- Do one of the following:
Add a button to the toolbar
- Click a category in the Categories box.
- Drag the command you want from the Commands box to the displayed toolbar.
Add a built-in menu to the toolbar
- In the Categories box, click Built-in Menus.
- Drag the menu you want from the Commands box to the displayed toolbar.
- When you have added all the buttons and menus you want, click Close.
- Quit Excel.
- Locate the file Excel.xlb.
- Rename the file, retaining the .xlb extension.
To use a saved configuration, click Open on the File menu and open the renamed file. When you next quit the program, Excel creates a new Excel.xlb toolbar settings file.