- If you want to keep your Book.xlt or Sheet.xlt files, rename them and save them in the Templates folder, usually located at:
C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates
- Do one or more of the following:
- In Microsoft Windows Explorer, remove any template files from the XLStart folder. The XLStart folder is usually located at:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\XLStart
- If the files aren't in the XLStart folder, look in the folder specified in the At startup, open all files in box on the General tab in the Options dialog box (Tools menu).
- To restore original settings for workbooks, remove Book.xlt
To restore original settings for worksheets, remove Sheet.xlt