To search Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia from the Research task pane, you need to connect to the Internet.
- On the Tools menu, click Research.
- In the Search for list, select Encarta Encyclopedia: English (North America).
- Do one of the following:
- To research a single word, press ALT and click the word you want to look up.
- To research a phrase, select the words you want, and then press ALT and click the selection.
- Type a word or phrase in the Search for box, and then click Start Searching .
Results appear in the Research task pane.
- Microsoft Office OneNote 2003 does not support ALT and click. Use the right mouse button (right-click), and click Look Up on the shortcut menu.
- To return a richer set of results, broaden your search scope to All Research Sites. Links in the result set go to the Web.
- In Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, the Research task pane is available only when you are reading or composing e-mail messages.