Returns a number rounded to the desired multiple.
If this function is not available, and returns the #NAME? error, install and load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.
- On the Tools menu, click Add-Ins.
- In the Add-Ins available list, select the Analysis ToolPak box, and then click OK.
- If necessary, follow the instructions in the setup program.
Number is the value to round.
Multiple is the multiple to which you want to round number.
MROUND rounds up, away from zero, if the remainder of dividing number by multiple is greater than or equal to half the value of multiple.
The example may be easier to understand if you copy it to a blank worksheet.
How to copy an example
- Create a blank workbook or worksheet.
- Select the example in the Help topic.
Note Do not select the row or column headers.
Selecting an example from Help
- Press CTRL+C.
- In the worksheet, select cell A1, and press CTRL+V.
- To switch between viewing the results and viewing the formulas that return the results, press CTRL+` (grave accent), or on the Formulas tab, in the Formula Auditing group, click the Show Formulas button.
||Rounds 10 to a nearest multiple of 3 (9)
||Rounds -10 to a nearest multiple of -3 (-9)
||Rounds 1.3 to a nearest multiple of 0.2 (1.4)
||Returns an error, because -2 and 5 have different signs (#NUM!)