Merge copies of a shared workbook into one workbook to combine all of the changes that were made.
- Make sure the copies of the shared workbook (shared workbook: A workbook set up to allow multiple users on a network to view and make changes at the same time. Each user who saves the workbook sees the changes made by other users.) that you want to merge are all stored in the same folder. To do this, you must give each copy a different name.
- Open the copy into which you want to merge changes.
- On the Tools menu, click Compare and Merge Workbooks.
- If prompted, save the workbook.
- In the Select Files to Merge into Current Workbook dialog box, click a copy that has changes to be merged, and then click OK.
To merge more than one copy at the same time, hold down CTRL or SHIFT and click the file names, and then click OK.