If your Office Document Cache needs an upgrade or repair, and the upgrade or repair fails, you can create a new cache by manually renaming your existing one.
Warning All changes to cache files that are pending upload to a web server will be lost if you manually rename the cache.
Follow these steps to manually rename your file:
- Close all Office programs.
- Click the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open the Task Manager.
- On the Processes tab, select MSOSYNC.EXE, click End Process, and then close the Task Manager.
- Navigate to %userprofile% \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\14.0\ in Microsoft Office 2010 or %userprofile% \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\ in Microsoft Office.
- Rename or delete the OfficeFileCache folder.
Top of Page