The Solver add-in is a Microsoft Excel add-in (add-in: A supplemental program that adds custom commands or custom features to Microsoft Office.) program that is available when you install Microsoft Office or Excel. To use it in Excel, however, you need to load it first.
- Click the File tab, and then click Options.
- Click Add-Ins, and then in the Manage box, select Excel Add-ins.
- Click Go.
- In the Add-Ins available box, select the Solver Add-in check box, and then click OK.
- Tip If Solver Add-in is not listed in the Add-Ins available box, click Browse to locate the add-in.
- If you get prompted that the Solver add-in is not currently installed on your computer, click Yes to install it.
- After you load the Solver add-in, the Solver command is available in the Analysis group on the Data tab.
For more information about using the Solver add-in, see Define and solve a problem by using Solver.