The Solver Add-in is a Microsoft Office Excel add-in (add-in: A supplemental program that adds custom commands or custom features to Microsoft Office.) program that is available when you install Microsoft Office or Excel.
To use the Solver Add-in, however, you first need to load it in Excel.
- Click the Microsoft Office Button , and then click Excel Options.
- Click Add-Ins, and then in the Manage box, select Excel Add-ins.
- Click Go.
- In the Add-Ins available box, select the Solver Add-in check box, and then click OK.
- Tip If Solver Add-in is not listed in the Add-Ins available box, click Browse to locate the add-in.
- If you get prompted that the Solver Add-in is not currently installed on your computer, click Yes to install it.
- After you load the Solver Add-in, the Solver command is available in the Analysis group on the Data tab.