The Analysis ToolPak is a Microsoft Office Excel add-in (add-in: A supplemental program that adds custom commands or custom features to Microsoft Office.) program that is available when you install Microsoft Office or Excel.
To use the Analysis ToolPak in Excel, however, you need to load it first.
- Click the Microsoft Office Button , and then click Excel Options.
- Click Add-Ins, and then in the Manage box, select Excel Add-ins.
- Click Go.
- In the Add-Ins available box, select the Analysis ToolPak check box, and then click OK.
- Tip If Analysis ToolPak is not listed in the Add-Ins available box, click Browse to locate it.
- If you get prompted that the Analysis ToolPak is not currently installed on your computer, click Yes to install it.
- After you load the Analysis ToolPak, the Data Analysis command is available in the Analysis group on the Data tab.
Note To include Visual Basic for Application (VBA) functions for the Analysis ToolPak, you load the Analysis ToolPak - VBA add-in the same way that you load the Analysis ToolPak. In the Add-ins available box, select the Analysis ToolPak - VBA check box, and then click OK.