Important This feature isn’t available in Office on a Windows RT PC. Want to see what version of Office you're using?
The Analysis ToolPak is a Microsoft Excel add-in (add-in: A supplemental program that adds custom commands or custom features to Microsoft Office.) program that is available when you install Microsoft Office or Excel. To use it in Excel, however, you need to load it first.
- Click the File tab, and then click Options.
- Click Add-Ins, and then in the Manage box, select Excel Add-ins.
- Click Go.
- In the Add-Ins available box, select the Analysis ToolPak check box, and then click OK.
- If Analysis ToolPak is not listed in the Add-Ins available box, click Browse to locate it.
- If you get prompted that the Analysis ToolPak is not currently installed on your computer, click Yes to install it.
- After you load the Analysis ToolPak, the Data Analysis command is available in the Analysis group on the Data tab.
Note To include Visual Basic for Application (VBA) functions for the Analysis ToolPak, you load the Analysis ToolPak - VBA add-in the same way that you load the Analysis ToolPak. In the Add-ins available box, select the Analysis ToolPak - VBA check box, and then click OK.
For more information, see Use the Analysis ToolPak to perform complex data analysis.