Returns the sum of two or more complex numbers in x + yi or x + yj text format.
Inumber1,inumber2,... are 1 to 255 complex numbers to add.
- Use COMPLEX to convert real and imaginary coefficients into a complex number.
- The sum of two complex numbers is:
The example may be easier to understand if you copy it to a blank worksheet.
How to copy an example
- Create a blank workbook or worksheet.
- Select the example in the Help topic.
Note Do not select the row or column headers.
Selecting an example from Help
- Press CTRL+C.
- In the worksheet, select cell A1, and press CTRL+V.
- To switch between viewing the results and viewing the formulas that return the results, press CTRL+` (grave accent), or on the Formulas tab, in the Formula Auditing group, click the Show Formulas button.
||Sum of the two complex numbers in the formula (8+i)