Returns the product of 1 to 255 complex numbers in x + yi or x + yj text format.
Inumber1, inumber2,… are 1 to 255 complex numbers to multiply.
- Use COMPLEX to convert real and imaginary coefficients into a complex number.
- The product of two complex numbers is:
The example may be easier to understand if you copy it to a blank worksheet.
How to copy an example
- Create a blank workbook or worksheet.
- Select the example in the Help topic.
Note Do not select the row or column headers.
Selecting an example from Help
- Press CTRL+C.
- In the worksheet, select cell A1, and press CTRL+V.
- To switch between viewing the results and viewing the formulas that return the results, press CTRL+` (grave accent), or on the Formulas tab, in the Formula Auditing group, click the Show Formulas button.
||Product of the two complex numbers (27 + 11i)
||Product of a complex number and 30 (30 + 60i)