Follow these instructions to download the Northwind Traders sample database so that you can do the practice session that's coming up. The instructions may seem long, but they're not complicated, and it's best to do this all in one sitting.
- To keep these instructions in front of you, print this page. On the File menu, click Print; in the Print dialog box, click Preferences and set the orientation to Landscape. Click OK, then click Print.
- When you have the printed instructions close at hand, create the following folder on your computer: C:\ExcelTraining. You'll install the database here, in a minute.
- Switch back to the training course.
- Click this link: Northwind Traders Sample Database. This takes you to the download page titled "Access 2000 Tutorial: Northwind Traders Sample Database."
- On the right side of the page, click the Download button (see picture).
- In the File Download dialog box, click Run.
You'll see a message asking if you want to run this software. You may have to click Run again.
Then you'll see a message asking if you want to install Northwind Traders Sample Database. Click Yes.
- You'll see the terms of the License Agreement. Click Yes.
- When prompted to type a location for the install or browse for it, click Browse. Go to C:\ExcelTraining. Select it, and click OK. Click OK again, and click OK once more when a message says the installation was successful.
- When the installation is done, if you have done these steps without interruption, you should have the "Access 2000 Tutorial: Northwind Traders Sample Database" download page in front of you again.
Click the Back button in the browser twice to return to this training course page.
Now that you're back to the course, click Next for a few more instructions about the practice.