Returns the natural logarithm of the gamma function, Γ(x).
X is the value for which you want to calculate GAMMALN.
- If x is nonnumeric, GAMMALN returns the #VALUE! error value.
- If x ≤ 0, GAMMALN returns the #NUM! error value.
- The number e raised to the GAMMALN(i) power, where i is an integer, returns the same result as (i - 1)!.
- GAMMALN is calculated as follows:
The example may be easier to understand if you copy it to a blank worksheet.
How to copy an example
- Create a blank workbook or worksheet.
- Select the example in the Help topic.
Note Do not select the row or column headers.
Selecting an example from Help
- Press CTRL+C.
- In the worksheet, select cell A1, and press CTRL+V.
- To switch between viewing the results and viewing the formulas that return the results, press CTRL+` (grave accent), or on the Formulas tab, in the Formula Auditing group, click the Show Formulas button.
||Natural logarithm of the gamma function at 4 (1.791759)