Returns the future value of an initial principal after applying a series of compound interest rates. Use FVSCHEDULE to calculate the future value of an investment with a variable or adjustable rate.
If this function is not available, and returns the #NAME? error, install and load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.
- On the Tools menu, click Add-Ins.
- In the Add-Ins available list, select the Analysis ToolPak box, and then click OK.
- If necessary, follow the instructions in the setup program.
Principal is the present value.
Schedule is an array of interest rates to apply.
The values in schedule can be numbers or blank cells; any other value produces the #VALUE! error value for FVSCHEDULE. Blank cells are taken as zeros (no interest).
The example may be easier to understand if you copy it to a blank worksheet.
How to copy an example
- Create a blank workbook or worksheet.
- Select the example in the Help topic.
Note Do not select the row or column headers.
Selecting an example from Help
- Press CTRL+C.
- In the worksheet, select cell A1, and press CTRL+V.
- To switch between viewing the results and viewing the formulas that return the results, press CTRL+` (grave accent), or on the Formulas tab, in the Formula Auditing group, click the Show Formulas button.
||Future value of 1 with compound interest rates of 0.09,0.11,0.1 (1.33089)