You can format your Power View reports in a number of different ways.
Formatting available in the Power View tab
In this article
Add background images
- In Excel on the Power View tab > Set Image.
In Power View in SharePoint on the Styles tab > Set Image.
- Browse to the image you want and click Open.
- By default Power View pastes the image in with Image Position set to Fit and Transparency set to 50%. You can change either of these settings.
Note Adding an image to one Power View sheet or view doesn’t add that image to any other Power View sheet or view. You can add the same or a different image to each sheet or view.
Read more about adding images to Power View.
Choose background formatting
Power View offers several different backgrounds, from solids to a variety of gradients. With the darker backgrounds the text changes to white and lighter shades of gray.
- In Excel on the Power View tab > Background.
In Power View in SharePoint on the Styles tab > Background.
Choose a theme
The 39 themes in Power View are the same as the themes in Excel. Each theme features coordinated colors and fonts. The theme is applied to the visualizations and text on your sheet; it does not replace a background image.
- In Excel on the Power View tab > Themes.
In Power View in SharePoint on the Styles tab > Themes.
Change the font size for one visualization
- Select the visualization.
- In Excel on the Design tab > Increase Font Size or Decrease Font Size.
In Power View in SharePoint on the Styles tab > Increase Font Size or Decrease Font Size.
Sheet with new Themt and background and font size increased for a single visualization
Change the font or font size for the whole sheet
The selected font is applied to all visualizations except for the font on a map visualization.
- In Excel on the Power View tab > Font or Text Size.
In Power View in SharePoint on the Styles tab > Font or Text Size.
Note You can change the font size for individual visualizations, but not the font.
Format numbers in a table, card, or matrix
- Select a cell in the column containing the numbers you want to format.
- In Excel on the Design tab > Number section, select a format.
In Power View in SharePoint on the Home tab > Number section, select a format.
This action formats the numbers in that column. To format text or numbers in other columns, select a cell in each other column, and then format those numbers separately.
Top of Page
Power View and Power Pivot videos
Tutorial: PivotTable data analysis using a Data Model in Excel 2013
Power View: Explore, visualize, and present your data
Top of Page