By enabling filtering and applying a filter to one or more columns of data, you can return the rows of data on your worksheet that meet the conditions you specify.
- Select the column or click a cell in the range or list you want to filter.
- On the Data menu, point to Filter, and then click Advanced Filter.
- Do one of the following.
- To filter the range or list in place, similar to using AutoFilter, click Filter the list, in-place.
- To copy the results of the filter to another location, click Copy to another location. Then, in the Copy To box, enter a cell reference.
To select a cell, click Collapse Dialog to temporarily hide the dialog box. Select the cell on the worksheet, and then press Expand Dialog .
- Select the Unique records only check box.
Note Once you filter for unique values, you can copy them to another worksheet and then archive or delete the original worksheet.