Returns e raised to the power of number. The constant e equals 2.71828182845904, the base of the natural logarithm.
Number is the exponent applied to the base e.
- To calculate powers of other bases, use the exponentiation operator (^).
- EXP is the inverse of LN, the natural logarithm of number.
The example may be easier to understand if you copy it to a blank worksheet.
How to copy an example
- Create a blank workbook or worksheet.
- Select the example in the Help topic.
Note Do not select the row or column headers.
Selecting an example from Help
- Press CTRL+C.
- In the worksheet, select cell A1, and press CTRL+V.
- To switch between viewing the results and viewing the formulas that return the results, press CTRL+` (grave accent), or on the Formulas tab, in the Formula Auditing group, click the Show Formulas button.
||Approximate value of e (2.718282)
||Base of the natural logarithm e raised to the power of 2 (7.389056)