This article describes the formula syntax and usage of the CUBEKPIMEMBER function (function: A prewritten formula that takes a value or values, performs an operation, and returns a value or values. Use functions to simplify and shorten formulas on a worksheet, especially those that perform lengthy or complex calculations.) in Microsoft Excel.
Returns a key performance indicator (KPI) property and displays the KPI name in the cell. A KPI is a quantifiable measurement, such as monthly gross profit or quarterly employee turnover, that is used to monitor an organization's performance.
Note The CUBEKPIMEMBER function is supported only when the workbook is connected to a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services or later data source.
CUBEKPIMEMBER(connection, kpi_name, kpi_property, [caption])
The CUBEKPIMEMBER function syntax has the following arguments (argument: A value that provides information to an action, an event, a method, a property, a function, or a procedure.):
- Connection Required. A text string of the name of the connection to the cube.
- Kpi_name Required. A text string of the name of the KPI in the cube.
- Kpi_property Required. The KPI component returned and can be one of the following:
||The actual value
||A target value
||The state of the KPI at a specific moment in time
||A measure of the value over time
||A relative importance assigned to the KPI
||A temporal context for the KPI
- If you specify KPIValue for kpi_property, only kpi_name is displayed in the cell.
- Caption Optional. An alternative text string that is displayed in the cell instead of kpi_name and kpi_property.
- When the CUBEKPIMEMBER function evaluates, it temporarily displays a "#GETTING_DATA…" message in the cell before all of the data is retrieved.
- To use the KPI in a calculation, specify the CUBEKPIMEMBER function as a member_expression argument in the CUBEVALUE function.
- If the connection name is not a valid workbook connection that is stored in the workbook, CUBEKPIMEMBER returns a #NAME? error value. If the Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) server is not running, not available, or returns an error message, CUBEKPIMEMBER returns a #NAME? error value.
- CUBEKPIMEMBER returns a #N/A error value when kpi_name or kpi_property is invalid.
- CUBEKPIMEMBER may return a #N/A error value if you reference a session-based object, such as a calculated member or named set, in a PivotTable when sharing a connection, and that PivotTable is deleted or you convert the PivotTable to formulas. (On the Options tab, in the Tools group, click OLAP Tools, and then click Convert to Formulas.)
=CUBEKPIMEMBER("Sales","MySalesKPI", KPIGoal,"Sales KPI Goal")