Sometimes you need to enter a lot of repetitive information in Excel, such as dates, and it can be really tedious. But AutoFill can help.
- Type the first date in the series.
- Put the mouse pointer over the bottom right-hand corner of the cell until it’s a black plus sign.
- Click and hold the left mouse button, and drag the plus sign over the cells you want to fill. And Excel fills in the series for you automatically using the AutoFill feature.
Use Flash Fill
Or say you have information in Excel that isn’t formatted the way you need it to be, such as this list of names. And going through the entire list manually to correct them is daunting. Here, Flash Fill can help.
- Type the first name the way you want it.
- Start to type the next name, and Excel provides a preview of the names formatted the way you want.
- Press Enter, and Flash Fill fills in the names for you.