This procedure requires Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.1 or later.
- In your Web browser (Web browser: Software that interprets HTML files, formats them into Web pages, and displays them. A Web browser, such as Windows Internet Explorer, can follow hyperlinks, transfer files, and play sound or video files that are embedded in Web pages.), select the data you want to copy.
- On the Edit menu, click Copy. If your browser doesn't have this command, see your browser's Help for information on copying.
- Switch to Microsoft Excel.
- Click in the upper-left corner of the worksheet area where you want the copied data to appear.
- On the Edit menu, click Paste.
- If the data does not appear as you expect, click Paste Options and select one of the following options:
- Keep Source Formatting Makes no changes.
- Match Destination Formatting Matches the existing cell formatting.
- Create Refreshable Web Query Gives you the opportunity to create a query to the Web page you copied from. This gives you the opportunity to refresh the data should the Web page change later.