Let's say you want to know how many kilometers that you ran on a quarter-mile track or a tolerance level using metric values. To convert measurements, use the CONVERT function. The CONVERT function converts a wide range of measurements, including measures of weight, distance, time, pressure, force, energy, power, magnetism, temperature, and liquid measure.
If the CONVERT function is not available, install and load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.
- On the Tools menu, click Add-Ins.
- In the Add-Ins available list, select the Analysis ToolPak box, and then click OK.
- If necessary, follow the instructions in the setup program.
The example may be easier to understand if you copy it to a blank worksheet.
How to copy an example
- Create a blank workbook or worksheet.
- Select the example in the Help topic.
Note Do not select the row or column headers.
Selecting an example from Help
- Press CTRL+C.
- In the worksheet, select cell A1, and press CTRL+V.
- To switch between viewing the results and viewing the formulas that return the results, press CTRL+` (grave accent), or on the Formulas tab, in the Formula Auditing group, click the Show Formulas button.
||Convert 6 degrees Celsius to Fahrenheit (42.8)
||Convert 6 teaspoons to tablespoons (2)
||Convert 6 gallons to liters (22.71741274)
||Convert 6 miles to kilometers (9.656064)
||Convert 6 kilometers to miles (3.728227153)
||Convert 6 inches to feet (0.5)
||Convert 6 centimeters to inches (2.362204724)
Note To see a full list of all the measures that can be converted, see the CONVERT function help topic.