Before you can connect to an IBM DB2 database, you need the IBM DB2 Data Server Driver on your computer. To install the IBM DB2 Data Server Driver, go to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkID=274911 and download (at minimum) IBM Data Server Driver Package (DS Driver). The driver bit-ness needs to match the Microsoft Power Query for Excel add-in installation (32-bit or 64-bit).
Note There are known issues reported by IBM installing the IBM DB2 Data Server Driver on Windows 8. If you are using Windows 8 and want to connect to IBM DB2 using Power Query, you will need to follow additional installation steps. For more information about the IBM DB2 Data Server Driver on Windows 8, see http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21618434.
To connect to an IBM DB2 database:
- In the POWER QUERY ribbon tab, click From Database > From IBM DB2 Database.
- In the IBM DB2 Database dialog box, in Server Name specify the IBM DB2 Database Server to connect to.
- If you want to import data using native database query, specify your query in the SQL Statement box. For more information, see Import Data from Database using Native Database Query.
- Click OK.
- If the IBM DB2 server requires database user credentials:
- In the Access a Database dialog box, enter your username and password.
- Click Save.
Import data from external data sources