If you are dissatisfied with Microsoft Office Click-to-Run editions of Microsoft Office Home and Student or Microsoft Office Home and Business or if your problem is one of the known issues for Office Click-to-Run, it might be better for you to use the MSI-based edition of Microsoft Office.
For more information about Office Click-to-Run, see Click-to-Run: Introduction or Learn more about Office Click-to-Run.
Switch from Office Click-to-Run to MSI-based Office
The license is the same. You do not need a new Product Key. If you have any questions, contact Microsoft Support.
- Save all work, and then close all programs.
- In Control Panel, open Programs and Features to see a list of installed programs.
- Click Microsoft Office Click-To-Run 2010, and then click Uninstall.
- To remove Microsoft Office Click-to-Run, click Yes.
- Go to the Microsoft Office alternative fulfillment page.
- Click My account.
- Click Download, and then click Advanced options.
- Follow the instructions.
- To install the MSI-based Microsoft Office edition, run SingleImage.exe.
- When prompted, type your Product Key to continue.
Top of Page