A region-specific version of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 can only be activated in select countries/regions. If you have any problems activating your region-specific version of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 and you are activating the product in the intended country/region, you can activate by using the telephone.
What do you want to do?
Determine if I have a region-specific version of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010
The packaging of region-specific versions of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 identifies the specific country/region for which the product is intended and includes the notice, FOR DISTRIBUTION ONLY IN SELECT REGIONS. See the product packaging to identify the specific country/region for which your version is intended.
Note If you determine that you do not have a region-specific version and have trouble activating, see Activate Microsoft Office programs.
Top of Page
Activate by using the telephone
You can telephone an Activation Center and activate your product with the help of a Customer Service representative.
- Telephone activation is not available for Trial and Subscription versions.
- Telephone activation might take longer than activation through the Internet. You should be at your computer when you call, and you should have your software Product Key available. Telephone numbers for the Activation Center vary by product license and country/region. Use the telephone number provided on the page in your Activation Wizard to call the Activation Center.
- In the Activation Wizard, click the country/region where you reside and where you plan to use the product.
The wizard provides one or more telephone numbers.
- Call the Activation Center.
The Customer Service representative will ask you for your installation ID that is displayed in the Activation Wizard and other relevant information. After your installation ID is verified, you will receive a confirmation ID from the Customer Service representative.
Microsoft Text Telephone (TT/TTY) services are available for people who are deaf or hard of hearing. In the United States, use a TT/TTY modem and dial (800) 718-1599. From outside the United States, use a TT/TTY modem and dial (716) 871-6859. TT/TTY service is only available in English.
- In the Activation Wizard, type the confirmation ID in the spaces provided at the bottom of the page, and then press ENTER.
Note Activation Center telephone numbers are not listed in this article, because there are many telephone numbers, and the correct telephone number for you is based on several factors, including your country/region and license type. Microsoft software can be obtained under various licenses, including individual retail licenses, original equipment manufacturer (OEM) licenses, and volume licenses.
Top of Page