Windows Installer is the program that manages the installation and updating of Microsoft Office. You must install Windows Installer 2.0 before applying updates from the Office Update site.
For more information, refer to the Microsoft Knowledge Base article: Overview of the Windows Installer Technology.
Note You must restart your computer after installing Windows Installer 2.0.
Download Size = 1,668 KB
Download Time = 4 min @ 56 Kbps
Step by step installation instructions:
- Print this page to use as a reference when you are offline.
- Download the file by clicking the Download Now link (above) and saving the file to your hard disk.
- Close all open Microsoft Internet Explorer windows.
- Double-click the InstMsiA.exe program file on your hard disk to start the setup program.
- Restart your computer to complete installation.
Instructions for use:
After you install this update, use your Office products as you normally do.
To remove this download:
There is no uninstall feature with this download.
For support of this download:
If you experience problems after installing Windows Installer 2.0, please see the Microsoft Knowledge Base article: PRB: Incorrect Default DCOM Settings Cause Windows Installer to Stop Responding.
Additional information for advanced users:
For complete information about installing or upgrading the Windows Installer, including command line options, please refer to the Windows Installer Software Developers Kits (SDK), available from the Platform SDK Update site.