Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 includes several key enhancements and additions, including the ability to use multiple web browsers, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari. In most cases, you can use any of these web browsers to explore data in PerformancePoint Web Parts and dashboards. For example, depending on how individual reports and scorecards are configured, you can typically perform tasks such as those that are described in the following list:
- View higher or lower levels of detail
- Open a report or a scorecard in a new browser window
- Apply Value Filters, such as Top 10 filters
However, when you attempt to install or launch PerformancePoint Dashboard Designer for the first time, you might experience difficulties if you use a web browser other than Internet Explorer.
- If you are using Mozilla Firefox as your web browser, make sure that Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant 1.1 is installed on your computer before you attempt to install Dashboard Designer.
- You cannot use Safari as your web browser to launch Dashboard Designer from the Business Intelligence Center.
- If you are using Google Chrome as your web browser, make sure to install the ClickOnce for Google Chrome extension before you attempt to install Dashboard Designer.
We recommend that you use Internet Explorer to launch Dashboard Designer for the first time. After that, you can launch Dashboard Designer by using the Start menu. (To do that, click Start > All Programs > SharePoint > PerformancePoint Dashboard Designer.)
For more information, see the following resources: