Following are basic procedures to send an email message to a contact, and to invite someone to a conversation by using mail.
What do you want to do?
Send an email message
To send an email message to a contact, do the following steps.
- Click Start, click All Programs, click Microsoft Lync, and then click Microsoft Lync 2010.
- In your Contacts list, point to a contact, or type the contact’s name in the search field, and then point to the contact in search results.
- When the contact card appears, click the Send an email message to button. You can also click the email address in the expanded contact card. Expand a contact card by clicking the Expand contact card icon (˅)
Microsoft Outlook opens an email message addressed to the contact.
Top of Page
Invite someone to a conversation by email
To invite someone to have a conversation by using email, do the following steps.
- In a Conversation window, click the People Options button, and then click Invite by Email.
- Click the contact you want to invite, and then click OK.
Outlook opens an email message that contains information about joining the conversation or meeting.
Top of Page