Exercise 3: Schedule a meeting as a delegate
Now it’s your turn to try things out. Follow these steps to practice creating a test meeting on behalf of your manager or another user.
- Have your manager or another user add you as a Delegate on their Outlook calendar. For instructions please see Allow someone else to manage your mail and calendar.
- Have your manager or another user add you as a Delegate in Lync.
- Click Options in Lync, and then select Call Forwarding.
- Click Edit My Delegate Members and add your name.
- Open Outlook and select your manager’s calendar.
- Select a time and click Online Meeting on the Outlook ribbon.
- Create a test meeting and send the invite out.
Note: The invitation goes out from your managers’ calendar and contains your name as the organizer. To learn more about the Join meeting experience, see Joining a Lync 2010 Online Meeting.