Microsoft Lync Server 2010 communications software delivers a voice option that combines traditional phone systems with Lync presence, instant messaging and conferencing features, which are consistent across PC, browser, applications, and mobile devices. This article explains Enterprise Voice and the features included.
Note Some of these features may not be available, depending on how your support team set up your Lync options.
In this article
What is Enterprise Voice?
Enterprise Voice provides enhanced calling features, such as call a contact, hold, forward, transfer, divert, park, retrieve, voice mail, conferencing, simultaneous rings, enhanced 9-1-1 calling, and calls to and from the public switched telephone network (PSTN).
- Phone tab provides a list of voice mails and call logs, as well as an on-screen dial pad for dialing a number.
- Click to call on a contact card supports computer to computer calls with one click.
- Audio Quality quickly places a test call to check the quality of your audio.
- Call delegation supports features such as shared lines (making and receiving calls on behalf of a manager), transferring calls to a manager and managing calls.
- Call Quality Notification provides notifications to help you improve the quality of your call if it detects device, network, or computer issues during the call.
- Device transfer enables you to switch your audio device during a call, without interrupting the call.
- Calls to and from PTSN sends and receives calls from numbers on the public telephone systems, outside your company.
- Call Park holds a call on one phone, and then retrieves the call from another phone.
- Device Selection receives incoming calls simultaneously on all of your communications devices, enabling you to answer with whichever device that is most convenient.
- Integration with Exchange Unified Messaging provides voice mail, voice messaging, email messaging, call answering, subscriber access, call notification, and auto-attendant services.
- Emergency Services- 911 provides location information to dispatchers of emergency services, (available to North America only).
- Simultaneous ringing enables incoming calls to ring on additional phones, for example, cell phones or other devices.
- Call forwarding enables you to forward calls to other phones, such as your cell phone or home phone.
- Top of Page