Microsoft Lync 2010 for Android is a new app that brings presence, instant messaging (IM), and the meeting audio capabilities of Lync to your mobile device. Lync for Android provides access to your Contacts list when you are away from the office, so that you can check your co-workers’ presence status and availability before contacting them. You also have access to the company directory, so that you can look up contact information, including additional phone numbers, schedules, and personal notes.
What do you want to do?
To run Microsoft Lync 2010 for Android, the phone must be running Android 2.3 or a later phone-oriented operating system.
Installing the Microsoft Lync 2010 application on your mobile phone is as easy as installing any other application on your phone.
- From your phone, go to the Android Market, and search for Microsoft Lync 2010.
- Tap the Install button. As soon as the app is installed, it appears on your phone.
Sign in to Lync
If you have a data plan, or your phone is connected to a Wi-Fi network, signing in is as easy as launching an application.
- On the mobile phone Applications screen, tap the Lync 2010 icon.
- On the sign-in screen, enter your credentials, and then tap Sign In.
Sign out of Lync
Lync 2010 remains running on your Android phone until you explicitly sign out. To sign out of Lync, do the following:
- From any screen in the Lync 2010 application, press the Menu button.
- Tap Sign out.
Use Lync for the first time
The first time you sign in to Lync, you’re guided through adding your mobile phone number. By adding your mobile phone number, you can use your mobile phone to join Lync online meetings.
- When you first sign in, type your mobile number, and then tap Next.
- On the Change call forwarding settings screen, select your calling forwarding options, and then tap Next.
Note To make changes to your call options after the first sign-in, on the My info screen, tap Options.
To remove the Lync application from your phone, do the following:
- From the mobile phone Home screen, tap Settings, tap Applications, and then tap Manage Applications.
- Tap Lync 2010. On the Lync 2010 screen, tap Uninstall.
- As soon as the app disappears, the app is removed from your phone.
Top of Page