Schedule an online meeting or conference call by using the Online Meeting Add-in for Microsoft Lync 2010 communications software or by selecting contacts in Microsoft Lync 2010.
Important Lync 2010 supports both online meetings and conference calls. One meeting request is used for both purposes.
To create an online meeting or conference call meeting request, follow these steps:
- Do one of the following:
- In the Microsoft Outlook Calendar, click Online Meeting (in Microsoft Outlook 2007) or New Online Meeting (in Microsoft Outlook 2010).
- In the Lync main window, in your Contacts list, hold down the Ctrl key and click the contacts you want to invite, right click one of the selected contacts, and then click Schedule a Meeting. In the meeting request, click Online Meeting.
- In the meeting request, in the To box, type the email address of each person you want to invite, separated by semicolons.
- In the Subject box, type a subject for the meeting.
- (Optional) In the body of the meeting request, above the Join Online Meeting link, type additional meeting details.
Note Do not modify any of the existing text in the meeting request. Doing so may prevent people from joining the meeting.
- (Optional) On the Meeting tab, in the Show group, click Scheduling Assistant. Use the Scheduling Assistant to ensure that everyone is available during the time you choose.
- On the Meeting tab, in the Show group, click Meeting Options, and then accept or change the default options as required. For details, see Set Meeting Options.