It's your data.
- You own your data and retain all rights, title, and interest in the data you store with Office 365.
- You can download a copy of all of your data at any time and for any reason, without any assistance from Microsoft.
- Exchange Online data, including emails, calendar appointments, contacts, and tasks, can be downloaded to a local computer by any end user at any time via the Import and Export wizards.
- SharePoint Online documents can be downloaded at any time from the workspace into your local computer.
- Vanity domain names such as contoso.com can be removed by following the Domain Removal instructions in Office 365 Help.
- To download a copy of end-user metadata (such as email address, first and last name, and other data), you can use PowerShell cmdlets, including the Get-MsolUser Windows PowerShell cmdlet for Office 365. If you use Exchange Online, you can also use the Get-MailUser and Get-User Exchange PowerShell commands.
- Upon expiration or termination of your Office 365 subscription or contract, Microsoft will provide you, by default, additional limited access for 90 days to export your data.