Choose your billing market:
Office 365 Midsize Business
Simplify your IT with always-up-to-date Office tools and services
Best for businesses with 10 – 250 employees
Get the latest version of Office integrated with business email, file sharing, and web conferencing. Deliver best-in-class productivity tools with the IT control you need.
Includes a 25 GB mailbox per user and the ability to send up to 25 MB attachments
Web-based admin portal for managing email policies and setting access rules
Your personalized Office experience is there whenever you need it
You can access Office virtually anywhere, across devices, so everyone in your business has the freedom and flexibility to be more productive wherever they're working. Plus, they can customize their personal Office settings.
- Reliably access your applications and documents in the cloud. Just sign in and your documents are with you on SkyDrive Pro.
- Your personalized settings roam with you. Go straight to the last page you were working on or consult your personal dictionary, no matter what device you're using.
- Stream Office to any Internet-connected PC running Windows 7 or Windows 8.2 When you're away from your desk, stream full versions of Office programs with Office on Demand.
- Experience Office on your PC, Mac, Windows tablet, and other select devices.
Online services make it easier for you to work in teams
It's easy to keep the work flowing when you have tools that make communicating with team members, partners, and customers a rich and convenient experience.
- Equip everyone with business-class email through Outlook. They'll get more done with a 25 GB mailbox and shared calendars, scheduling, and task-list tools.
- Host more productive online meetings. HD video conferencing, real-time note taking, and screen sharing with Lync Online can speed progress toward your goals.
- Communicate more securely with partners and customers. Share large or confidential documents and comment on shared documents from a single location in SharePoint Online.
- Boost team collaboration. Store team documents in SharePoint and edit them from Outlook using a single project-specific mailbox.
Manage your environment easily without compromising security
Reduce your IT overhead and stop managing servers. Office 365 gives you simplified administration, industry-leading anti-malware and anti-spam protection, and a 99.9% uptime guarantee, so you can spend more time managing your core business.
- Avoid the overhead of software management. Deploy Office fast with Click-to-Run technology. Automatic updates ensure that you always have the latest version, without interrupting anyone's work.
- Manage all your services from a simplified admin portal available on the web. Add or delete users in seconds, manage email policies, and set rules for document access.
- Protect your data. Easily remove confidential company data from lost phones.
- Stay compliant. Office 365 is certified by governmental and industry compliance standards, so your business can stay regulated with low overhead.
Office 365 Midsize Business includes:
Plus these online services:
|Email and calendars
||Use business-class email through a rich and familiar Outlook experience you can access from your desktop or from a web browser using Outlook Web App. Get a 25 GB mailbox per user and send attachments up to 25 MB.
|File storage and sharing
||SkyDrive Pro gives each user 7 GB of personal cloud storage that can be accessed from anywhere and that syncs with their PC for offline access. Easily share documents with others inside and outside the organization and control who can see and edit each file
||Design and maintain your own public website with no additional hosting fees. Use your own domain name to promote your brand.
||Enable easy access and sharing of documents with 10 GB baseline storage plus 500 MB of storage per user.
||Host online meetings with audio and video using one-click screen sharing and HD video conferencing.
||Connect with others via instant message and let people know your availability with your online status.
|Office Mobile Apps
||View and edit Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents with Windows Phone. Use the Lync and OneNote Mobile apps on most devices, so you never miss a meeting and always have your notes.
||Get peace of mind knowing your services are available with a guaranteed 99.9% uptime, financially backed service level agreement (SLA).
||Your data is yours. We safeguard it and protect your privacy.
||Deploy and manage Office across your company, no IT expertise required. You can add and remove users in minutes.
||Microsoft Support provides telephone and online answers, how-to resources, and connections with other Office 365 customers for setup and quick fixes.
To see all the features that are included, view the detailed service descriptions
Frequently asked questions
You can cancel your subscription at any time. For subscriptions that are paid annually, such as Office 365 Midsize Business, there is a penalty for canceling before the end of your contract. Read the complete Microsoft Online Subscription Agreement.
Your data is yours. If you decide to cancel your Office 365 subscription, you can download your data—for example, your email and documents on team sites—and save it to another location. You should save your data before you cancel.
Microsoft experts are trained IT and development companies that can help you move to Office 365 or develop custom solutions for your business. You can find a listing of all of our Microsoft experts in Microsoft Pinpoint.
You can transition your account within service families, for example, from Office 365 Small Business to Office 365 Small Business Premium, or from Office 365 Enterprise E1 to Office 365 Enterprise E3 or E4. You cannot transition between Office 365 service families, that is, from an Office 365 Small Business plan to Office 365 Midsize Business or an Office 365 Enterprise plan, or vice versa. In order to change from a plan in one service family to another (for example, from a Small Business plan to the Midsize Business plan, or from the Midsize Business plan to an Enterprise plan), you must first cancel your account with the plan you currently have, and then sign up for a different one.
Note on domain names when you transition or change your account:
- When you transition your account within a service family, your domain name is transferred to your new account, whether you brought your own domain name to the Office 365 account or you set up a domain name with Office 365.
- When you change to a plan in a different service family:
- If you brought your own domain name to use with Office 365, that domain name will be available as soon as you sign up for your new subscription plan.
- If you set up a yourcompany.onmicrosoft.com domain name with your Office 365 account, you have to wait 90 – 180 days before that name is available for your new subscription plan. If someone else has taken the yourcompany.onmicrosoft.com domain name during that time, you can’t use it.
Get more details about domain names and how to transition your plan within a plan family or change your plan to a different service family.
You can mix Office 365 plans only within their respective service families. Office 365 Small Business can be combined with Office 365 Small Business Premium, for example, but not with Office 365 Midsize Business, the Office 365 Enterprise plans, or the standalone offers, such as Exchange Online. The same applies to Office 365 Midsize Business, which cannot be combined with Office 365 Small Business plans, Enterprise plans, or the standalone offers.
Customers who want the greatest flexibility can purchase Office 365 Enterprise plans, which enable you to combine the Office 365 Enterprise E1, E3, and E4 plans, the Office 365 Enterprise K1 plan (for kiosk workers), and the full range of standalone offers (for example, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, and Lync Online).
Internet access is required to install and activate all Office 365 plans and to manage your subscription account. Internet connectivity is also required to access Office 365 cloud productivity services, including email, conferencing, IT management, and other services.
Many Office 365 plans also include the desktop version of Office, for example, Office 365 Small Business Premium and Office 365 Enterprise E3. One of the benefits of having the desktop version of Office applications is that you can work offline and have the confidence that the next time you connect to the Internet all your work will automatically sync, so you never have to worry about your documents being up to date. Your desktop version of Office is also automatically kept up to date and upgraded when you connect to the Internet, so you always have the latest tools to help you work. Compare Office 365 plans.
Find out more
"Improving collaboration was a big thing for us. Once employees are able to more easily share larger files and work together, we see a big jump in productivity."
—Dick van Weering
IT Manager, GITP
Other Office 365 plans for business
Office 365 Small Business Premium
Get virtually anywhere access to Office plus additional cloud services that are easy to administer
Office 365 ProPlus
Get the latest Office productivity and collaboration tools fast, with smooth transitions and flexible deployment
Office 365 Enterprise
For businesses that need more advanced BI, email, and voice capabilities