An easy way to get started with Microsoft Office Accounting 2008 is to record transactions from a bank statement.
Set up accounts
Before you can record transactions from a bank statement, you should set up your bank accounts. To set up a bank account, do the following:
- On the Banking menu, click New Bank Account.
- Enter your banking information on the Bank Account form.
- On the toolbar, do one of the following:
- To save the account, click Save and Close.
- To save the account and add another account, click Save and New.
For more information, see the Help topic Add, edit, or delete a bank account.
In Office Accounting 2008, the bank account register displays all of the transactions for the selected bank account since its start date. Information includes the transaction date, check numbers, names, offsetting accounts linked to the bank account in transaction entries, and balances.
To open a bank account register:
- On the Company menu, point to Company Lists, and then click Chart of Accounts.
- In the Chart of Accounts, double-click a bank account.
- In the Account Register form, enter transactions.
- When you are finished entering transactions, click Save.
For additional information