Microsoft Office Accounting 2008 includes many templates that you can use to quickly generate business correspondence to one or more customers, vendors, or employees at one time. These templates not only help get your business letter started, they pull data from Office Accounting 2008 so that you do not have to find and type information that is already in Accounting 2008.
This topic shows you how to prepare and then create form letters in Accounting 2008.
Note Microsoft Office Word 2007 and Office Word 2003 users can add, edit, and delete tags, add line-item fields, add company logos and slogans, and show table grids. Word 2002 users can delete tags and add company logos and slogans.
Let the wizard do the work
The Write Letters Wizard makes it easier for you to create, modify, and delete letters for your customers, vendors, and employees. For example, you can create collection notices for customers who owe your company money, credit requests for your company's vendors, or appreciation letters for exemplary employees of your company. In the Write Letters Wizard, you can also filter your recipients as active or inactive, and add a closing signature to your letters.
Start the wizard
- On the Customers menu, click Write Letters.
Select letter type
You can choose what type of letter to send to customers by following these steps:
- On the Welcome to the Write Letters Wizard page, click Next.
- Under Recipient, select Customer, Vendor, or Employee.
- Under Available templates, select the template that you want to customize, and then click Modify.
Customize the letter
The letter template opens in Office Word with mail merge field codes already in place. Use Word tools to get the letter just the way you want it.
When you have finished, save the letter:
- Do one of the following:
In the File name box, type a new name for the customized document, and then click Save.
- In Office Word 2007, click the Microsoft Office Button , and then click Save As.
- In Word 2003 or Word 2002, on the File menu, click Save As.
Note For more detailed information about editing Word documents, see Microsoft Office Word Help.
Next you can choose who will receive the letter:
- In Accounting 2008, in the Write Letters Wizard, click Next on the Select a Letter Template page.
- On the Select Customers page, under Filter Options, choose whether you want to send the letter to Active customers, Inactive customers, or both.
- If you selected Customers as the recipient type, select one or more check boxes under Select date range. You can select one or more aging periods, including for customers who are not past due.
- Make sure that the check box is selected for each customer to whom you want to send the letter
- Click Next.
Set your signature
You can use the default signature, create your own signature, add a greeting, or leave the signature field blank. After the signature is the way you want it, click Create Letters.
Personalize and print
Word creates a single file with a page for each letter. You can open the file and personalize each letter, and then print the letters to send to the customers you selected.
For additional information