Microsoft Office Accounting 2008 makes producing documents such as invoices easy and familiar because it uses Microsoft Office Word. Office Accounting 2008 includes Office Word documents that you can use as templates for invoices, sales orders, quotes, customer credit memos, customer statements, and purchase orders.
You can use Word customization features to add your company logo to these documents, as illustrated in this example invoice.
In this topic, you step through how to add your company logo to an invoice template, but you can easily apply this technique to other Accounting 2008 templates.
Open an invoice template
To open an Accounting 2008 invoice template in Word, do the following:
- On the Company menu, click Manage Word Templates.
- In the Manage Microsoft Office Word Templates dialog box, in the Template types section, make sure that the Invoice option is selected.
- In the Templates box, select a template from the list, such as Invoice Product - Green.doc, and then click Modify.
The template opens in the version of Word you have installed on your computer, as long as it is at least Word 2002.
Insert your logo
The Word templates in Accounting 2008 include placeholders that are ready for you to use to insert your company logo. The placeholder in the Invoice Product - Green invoice template looks like this.
The procedure for replacing the placeholder with your company logo varies depending on which version of Word you are using. Follow the instructions in one of the following topics:
Note You must be connected to the Internet to view these topics.
Save the template
After you insert your logo into the document, you can save it for future use:
- Do one of the following:
In the File name box, type a new name for the customized document, and then click Save.
Because the document contains XML that links it to Accounting 2008, a privacy warning appears. Do one of the following:
- In Word 2007, click the Microsoft Office Button , and then click Save As.
- In Word 2003 or Word 2002, on the File menu, click Save As.
- Click OK to save the customized document and add it to the list of available Word templates in Accounting 2008.
- Click Cancel to close the document without saving.
Now that your new custom template has been saved, you can return to the Manage Microsoft Office Word Templates dialog box in Accounting 2008 and click Refresh to see your template in the list of available templates.
For additional information