If you have preprinted check forms from your bank or other financial institution, or from an independent check design company, you can print checks from the Pay Bills, Customer Refund, Vendor Payment, Employee Payment, and Check forms. The To be printed check box must be selected.
- To open the Print Checks dialog box, do one of the following:
Note Before you can open a Print Checks dialog box, you must first save a form by clicking Save on the File menu. If you do not first save a form, a reminder opens.
- On a Pay Bills form, click Issue Payment on the toolbar.
- On a Customer Refund, Vendor Payment, or Employee Payment form, confirm that the To be printed check box is selected, and then click Issue Payment on the toolbar.
- On a Check form, confirm that the To be printed check box is selected, and then click Print on the File menu.
- In the Starting check no. field, specify a check number for the first check to print.
Note Microsoft Office Accounting 2008 tracks the number of the last check printed and automatically fills in the next check number.
- Select one or more checks you want to print, and then click Print.
Note To select all checks in the list, select the check box next to the Date heading.
- Select options in the Print dialog box, and then click OK.
- Confirm that the selected checks printed, and then click Close.