You can create a quote for any customer.
Tip If you frequently create quotes that have the same field or line item information, you can save a quote as a template that you can reuse. For more information, see Create a recurring document.
- Do one of the following:
On the Customers menu, point to New, and then click New Quote.
- On the Customers menu, point to Customer Lists, and then click Quotes.
- Double-click the quote that you want to copy.
- On the File menu, click Copy and Edit.
The new quote opens with the customer information and line items from the original. It has a new number, the date is set to the current date, and the status is set to Open.
If you use both Office Accounting 2008 and Business Contact Manager for Outlook, you can create a quote from a Business Contact Manager for Outlook account record. For information, see Help in Business Contact Manager for Outlook.
- Enter the information on the Quote form.
- On the toolbar, do one of the following:
- To close the form, click Save and Close.
- To create another quote, click Save and New.
- To save the quote as a template that you can reuse, click Recurring.