|Available in Microsoft Office Accounting Professional 2008 only.
In addition to creating a purchase order from the Vendors home page, you can create one from an item record to include that item.
Tip If you frequently create purchase orders that have the same field or line item information, you can save a purchase order as a template that you can reuse. For more information, see Create a recurring document.
Note Inventory items appear on vendor forms. Non-inventory and service items appear only if the I buy this item check box is selected on the Inventory form.
- In the Navigation Pane, click Company, Customers, or Vendors.
- Under Find, click Items.
- Click the item or items that you want on a purchase order:
On the Actions menu, click New Purchase Order with Item(s).
Enter the information on the Purchase Order form.
On the toolbar, do one of the following:
- To select one item, click its name.
- To select multiple items, hold down the CTRL key and select individual items, or hold down the SHIFT key and select a range of items.
- To close the form, click Save and Close.
- To create another purchase order, click Save and New.
- To save the purchase order as a template that you can reuse, click Recurring.
Accounting 2008 can save you time by automatically entering a preferred vendor name on a purchase order when you create a purchase order for an item. For more information, see About preferred vendors.