When you collect and update data by using e-mail, you use Microsoft Office Access 2007 and Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 to generate and send an e-mail message that includes a data entry form. The recipients of the e-mail then fill out the forms and send them back to you as replies. You must process the replies manually if either of the following cases is true:
- You did not choose to have Office Outlook 2007 and Office Access 2007 process the replies automatically (that is, if you did not select the Automatically process replies and add data to the database check box in the Data Collection E-Mail Options dialog box when you first created the data collection e-mail message).
- You did choose to have the replies processed automatically, but the processing failed. In this case, you must troubleshoot the error that caused the failure before attempting to manually process the replies.
For more information about troubleshooting automatic processing, see the article My data collection replies are not getting automatically processed.
Manual processing of a reply involves starting the export operation from Office Outlook 2007. You can export only one reply at a time.
Important Avoid replies for which the Categories column displays a green square. A green square indicates that the message has already been successfully processed.
- In Office Outlook 2007, right-click the reply that you want to process manually.
- Click Export data to Microsoft Office Access.
- In the Export data to Microsoft Access dialog box, review the details of the reply, and click OK to export.
If the export operation succeeds, Access displays the message Data successfully exported to the database. If the operation fails, Access displays the message Cannot import data due to errors, followed by a description of the issues that caused the failure.
Top of Page