On a form, you can create a list box (list box: A control that provides a list of choices. A list box consists of a list and an optional label.) or a combo box (combo box: A control used on a form that provides the combined functionality of a list box and a text box. You can type a value in a combo box, or you can click the control to display a list and then select an item from that list.) that finds a record when you select a value from the list.
- Open the form in Design view (Design view: A view that shows the design of these database objects: tables, queries, forms, reports, and macros. In Design view, you can create new database objects and modify the design of existing objects.).
- Click Control Wizards in the toolbox (toolbox: A set of tools that is available in Design view for adding controls to a form or report.) if it's not already pressed in.
- In the toolbox, click List Box or click Combo Box .
- On the form, click where you want to place the list box or combo box.
- In the first wizard dialog box, click the option to find a record based on the value you selected in the list box or combo box.
- Follow the directions in the wizard dialog boxes. In the last dialog box, click Finish to display the list box or combo box in Design view.
If you want to see the event procedure (event procedure: A procedure that is automatically executed in response to an event initiated by the user or program code, or that is triggered by the system.) that makes the list box or combo box work, open the box's property sheet, and then click the Build button next to the AfterUpdate property box.