Note The information in this topic applies only to a Microsoft Access project (.adp).
You can document a view, user-defined function, or single statement stored procedure by adding a comment to it. You can enter a comment in a property page.
- In the Database window, click Queries under Objects, click the view, user-defined function, or single statement stored procedure you want to open, and then click Design on the database window toolbar.
- Right-click in the Query Designer, then select Properties from the shortcut menu.
- Enter the comment in the SQL Comment field.
- You should avoid entering the two-character strings
" within your comments.
- If you change the type of query (for example, from a SELECT query to an UPDATE query), the query’s comment is deleted.