When you subscribe to Office 365 Home Premium, you can share your subscription benefits with up to 4 people. It’s as simple as sending an email. Each person:
- Gets their own free 20 GB SkyDrive storage
- Can use any available Office installs for PC, Mac, and mobile devices
- Gets their own account page where they can install Office and view and manage their own installs.
Invite someone to share your subscription benefits
- Sign in to your account page. Be sure to use the same Microsoft account you used to set up your subscription.
- In the Share your subscription benefits section, click Add user.
- Enter the email address of the person you want to share with and click Send Invite. The invitation will expire after 30 days.
Each person you invite will get their own account page that they can use to install Office. After they install Office, you’ll see the computer names and Used by on your account page.
If you have trouble installing, try these common solutions.
A few things to keep in mind
When you share your subscription, the people you share with can use any of your available installs —they aren’t limited to just one install. If you want them to use only one or two installs, let them know.
If someone you share with uses more Office installs than you want them to, don’t worry, you’re still in control. You can deactivate installs to make more available. Deactivating an install doesn’t remove someone from your subscription. They’ll get to keep their extra SkyDrive storage and can still use your Office installs if they become available.
If you want to remove someone from your subscription, you can. When you remove someone they’ll lose all your subscription benefits, like extra SkyDrive storage and the ability to use your Office installs.