You can schedule an online meeting ahead of time or start a meeting on the spot – all from within PowerPoint using Lync. You need to have a microphone connected to your PC so you can speak to your meeting attendees.
Important This feature isn’t available in Office on a Windows RT PC. Want to see what version of Office you're using?
- Slide Show > Present Online > Microsoft Lync.
Note A list of active Lync conversations and scheduled Lync online meetings (within 30 minutes) will appear - and you can also start a new meeting on the spot.
- In the list, pick a scheduled meeting or start a new Lync meeting, and then click OK.
- In Lync, do one of the following:
- Begin your scheduled meeting.
- To begin a new meeting, invite attendees by first clicking , and then clicking Invite More People.
- Under Invite, select contacts from the contacts list or type each name in the box, and then click Select.
- Begin your presentation.
Tips for using other options in Lync:
- Attendees can post questions about your presentation (real-time) by clicking, and typing in the active conversation box.
- Manage your sound and audio devices by clicking.
- Manage your video by clicking
- Manage the content you share by clicking.
- Invite more people by clicking.
Note These button images will change color. For example, dark grey means that you’re not performing an activity at the moment, but you can click it to start one. Blue means you are engaged in an activity. Light grey means you don’t have functionality for that option.
For information about attending a Lync meeting, see: