- On the Formatting toolbar, click Design . (If you already have the Slide Design pane open with color schemes (color scheme: A set of eight balanced colors that you can apply to slides, notes pages, or audience handouts. A color scheme consists of a background color, a color for lines and text, and six other colors selected to make slides easy to read.) or animation schemes (animation scheme: Adds preset visual effects to text on slides. Ranging from subtle to exciting, each scheme usually includes an effect for the slide title and an effect that is applied to bullets or paragraphs on a slide.) displayed, click Design Templates at the top.)
- Do one of the following:
- To apply a design template (design template: A file that contains the styles in a presentation, including the type and size of bullets and fonts; placeholder sizes and positions; background design and fill color schemes; and a slide master and optional title master.) to all slides (and the slide master (slide master: The main slide that stores information about the theme and layouts of a presentation, including the background, color, fonts, effects, placeholder sizes, and positions.)), click the template you want.
- To apply a template to a single slide, select the thumbnail on the Slides tab; in the task pane (task pane: A window within an Office program that provides commonly used commands. Its location and small size allow you to use these commands while still working on your files.), point to the template and click the arrow, and then click Apply to Selected Slides.
- To apply a template to multiple selected slides, select the thumbnails on the Slides tab, and in the task pane, click the template.
- To apply a new template to a group of slides that currently use a different template, select one of the slides on the Slides tab; in the task pane, point to the template and click the arrow, and then click Apply to Master.
Note Design templates you have applied appear in the Slide Design task pane under Used in this presentation. All available design templates appear under Available for use.
- To view the design templates in larger sizes, point to a template, click the arrow, and then click Show Large Previews.
- To look for a template that doesn't appear in the task pane, click Browse at the bottom of the task pane.
- To apply a "blank" design template, under Available for use, click the first design in the task pane, titled Default Design.