You can publish and share your calendars with other people by publishing calendars to a WebDAV server. This is useful if you want to share calendars and availability information, but you or the other people do not use a Microsoft Exchange Server account.
The server that you are publishing a calendar to must support the World Wide Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) protocol. Not all Web servers support WebDAV. Your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) (ISP: A business that provides access to the Internet for such things as electronic mail, chat rooms, or use of the World Wide Web. Some ISPs are multinational, offering access in many locations, while others are limited to a specific region.) can tell you if WebDAV is supported on the server that you want to use.
Note To publish a calendar, you must know the Web address of the WebDAV server – for example, http://server.domain.com/calendars.
Publish a calendar to a WebDAV server
- In Calendar, in the Navigation Pane (Navigation Pane: The column on the left side of the Outlook window that includes buttons for the Mail, Calendar, and Tasks views and the folders within each view. Click a folder to show the items in the folder.), right-click the calendar that you want to share.
- On the Home tab, in the Share group, click Publish Online, and then click Publish to WebDAV Server.
- In the Location box, type the location of the Web server and folder.
- Next to Time Span, select the number of days for which you want to share your calendar.
- Next to Detail, click the arrow and choose the amount of detail to share. If you want, select the Show time within my working hours only check box to restrict shared details to your specified working hours in Outlook.
By default, this calendar is periodically updated. To change the update settings, click Advanced. To upload this calendar, but never provide updates, click Advanced, and then select Single Upload: Updates will not be uploaded.
Note You also use this procedure if you want to make changes to your published calendar later.
Top of Page
Notify others of your shared calendar
- In Calendar, in the Navigation Pane, right-click the calendar that you have published on a WebDAV server and want to share with other people.
- On the Home tab, in the Share group, click Publish Online, and then click Share Published Calendar.
- In the To box of the sharing invitation e-mail message, enter the recipient names.
- In the message body, include any content that you want.
- When you are ready to send the sharing message, click Send. A link to your published calendar is automatically added when you send the message.
Top of Page