Audit diagrams document and analyze processes such as financial transactions and inventory management.
- On the File menu, point to New, point to Business, and then click Audit Diagram.
- For each step in the process you are documenting, drag a flowchart shape onto your drawing.
- Connect the flowchart shapes:
- Drag a shape from a stencil onto the drawing page and position it near another shape.
- While still holding down the mouse button, move the pointer over one of the blue triangles. The triangle turns dark blue.
- Release the mouse button. The shape is placed on the drawing page, and a connector is added and glued to both shapes.
- To add text to a shape, select it, and then type.
- You can number the shapes in your flowchart to illustrate the sequence of process steps:
- In a flowchart, select the shapes that you want to number.
- On the Tools menu, point to Add-Ons, and then click Number Shapes.
- On the General tab, under Operation, click Auto Number. Under Apply To, click Selected Shapes, and then click OK.
Tip To number new flowchart shapes as they are dragged onto the page, in the Number Shapes dialog box, click Continue numbering shapes as dropped on page.