Why doesn't my practice session start?
- Some practice sessions may not work as expected if you are using a Netscape browser. To solve this problem, we recommend using Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 or later to download practice files.
- You may not have the product you need to be able to do the practice.
- You may not have the latest version of the product you need to do the practice.
- Your computer may not be configured properly for Microsoft ActiveX controls. See this page for more information.
- Be patient — depending on your connection and network conditions, it may take more time than expected to download the practice file and instructions.
Is there anything I should do before I start a practice session?
Before you click the Practice in program name button on the Practice page, make sure that you close the program you will be practicing in if it is already open.
Why are there so many instances of my Microsoft Office program open?
Before you start a new practice session, make sure that you close the program you will be practicing in if it is already open.
The practice instructions aren't visible.
The practice instructions cover up the program that I'm trying to practice in.
This can happen quite often. As you are practicing, move or resize the window as much as you need to. To resize, drag the resize handle in the lower-right corner of the instructions. To move, click the title bar of the window as follows and drag it to a new location:
When I click in the program, the practice instructions aren't visible.
What do I need in order to start a practice session?
To launch a practice session, you must have the 2007 version of the program you're learning about installed on your computer. For example, to start a practice session in Microsoft Office Excel, you must have Excel 2007 installed on your computer.
How do I return to a lesson from a practice session?
To continue a course from a practice session, click the Return to course link at either the bottom or the top of the practice steps. This will take you back to the course page in your Web browser.
You can also switch back to the course page by clicking the course button on the taskbar, or by pressing ALT+TAB and then selecting the course.
Can I return to a course and start a practice session again?
Yes. You can start practice sessions as many times as you like. Just return to the course and click the link for the practice session you want in the table of contents on the left side of the course page.
What if I lose my practice file?
You can get a new copy of the file by going back to the practice page and clicking the link to practice in the program.
Why does my course have practice sessions in more than one program?
Some courses contain general information about using the same skills in more than one Microsoft Office program, such as working without a mouse. One practice session may use Microsoft Office Word, for example, and another may use Microsoft Office PowerPoint, so that you can practice in more than one program.
Top of Page