Allow others to easily view and share your newly created slide show video by publishing it to the Web. It’s a great way to distribute information and keep track of who is viewing your presentation. Publishing your slide show video to YouTube is one of the easiest ways to host it online free of charge and take advantage of the benefits listed above.
- In PowerPoint 2010, create a video (.wmv file) from your slide show.
- Download and install Windows Live Movie Maker.
- In Windows Live Movie Maker, on the Home tab, in the Add group, click Add videos and photos.
- In the Add Videos and Photos dialog box, open the folder that contains the photos or videos that you want to add, click the photos and video files, and then click Open.
Note: To select multiple photos and videos, press and hold the Ctrl key, and then click each photo and video you want.
- To publish your movie to YouTube, in Windows Live Movie Maker on the Home tab, in the Sharing group, click Publish on YouTube.
- In YouTube, enter your YouTube account name and password, and then click Sign In.
Tip: If you have not done so already, Create a YouTube account.
- Enter a title, description, and any tags that you want to add to your movie.
- Select a category, choose whether you want your movie to be public or private, and then click Publish.
- In the Your movie has been published message, click View online to watch your movie on YouTube.